We invite you to an experimental workshop, where you will explore and expand a topic you choose. By connecting to music, art, stories and more in a Thinking at the Edge (TAE) way, you will experience how new meanings will emerge and your understanding of your topic will be enhanced.
In six playful interactive workshops related to specific steps of TAE, we connect to concepts of Gendlin’s Philosophy of the Implicit - like Experiencing, Interaction First, Crossing Everything by Everything (eveving). We will work as a group and in smaller breakout sessions.
Bring your friends!
The foundation of our class
1. Our topic is alive in us and can be accessed through different avenues. These avenues bring up different aspects of the topic, which enhances and brings us closer to what we want to say.
2. Words mean by functioning: When you hear a word, something happens in you. What is happening depends on the context in which the word is used; and depends on your own situation, including your present moment, history and more.
3. Words are defined in a flow. As they are being used, they interact with the current context, and by this interaction, the context and the word’s meanings are changed. This makes a change in the listener’s and the speaker’s experience.
In Gendlin’s terms, the words cross with the current context and carry it forward.
Dates and Times
- The classes are taught through Zoom.The informationto access Zoom will be sent upon payment.
- The number of participants will be limited.
- Recordings will be provided after each class.
- Understanding English is required; however we encourage you to use your native language when in pairs, and hopefully the group can help you translate. Hanspeter also speaks German and French.
Registration and Payment
- US $200.00 for six classes, paid in advance.
- US $180.00 before January 15, 2021. Former students may pay early bird rate.
Cost includes documentation and voice recording.
A percentage goes to The International Focusing Institute.
Payments through PayPal and credit cards can be made on
Wendi's website - drwendimaurer.com.
Or send your check to Wendi S. Maurer, Ph.D. 3252 Holiday Court, #225; La Jolla, CA 92037
Or contact Hanspeter to send payment to his bank account.
Please note "A Taste of TAE."
Contact us for more information:
3252 Holiday Court, #225;
La Jolla, CA 92037